Greeley History Museum Brown Bag Series Schedule
The Greeley Historic Preservation Commission offers the FREE 2014 History Brown Bag Series on the 4th Thursday of each month from January through October, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., at the Greeley History Museum, 714 8th Street.
The next History Brown Bag will be on Thursday, February 27th, at which Colorado author Carmel “Chuck” Solano will speak about the his experiences growing up as a migrant farm worker in various states, including Colorado, specifically Northeastern Colorado. He will base the talk on his book, "The End of the Row". You are encouraged to bring a sack lunch.
History Brown Bag schedule for 2014
- February 27: The End of the Row – Story of a Migrant Farm Worker: Carmel “Chuck” Solano, author
- March 27: Environmental History of Rocky Mountain National Park & Connection to Greeley: Dr. Michael Welsh, University of Northern Colorado
- April 24: Colorado’s North Park – History, Wildlife and Ranching: Paul Richard, author
- May 22: On Your Mark, Get Set, Go: Non-Preservationists Make the Preservation Argument: Dan Corson, History Colorado
- June 26: Emily Griffith and the Opportunity School: Tannis Bator
- July 24: Young Chautauquans Perform: Young Chautauquans
- August 28: Preserving Weld County Places and People: Peggy Ford Waldo, City of Greeley Museums
- September 25: Ranch House Redux – Appreciating Your Baby Boomer House: Dr. Janet Ore and Dr. Sarah Payne, Colorado State University
- October 23: A Real Cowboy: Kent Smith, Smith Sign Company