5 Things You May Not Know About Colorado
Seems like we're getting a lot of people from all over the country moving here. Whether you're a newbie or a native, here are 5 things you may not know about our amazing state.
1. Colorado also has sand boarding because its home to the tallest dunes in North America.
2. Denver claims the invention of the cheeseburger. Thanks to Louis Ballast who trade marked the name in March of 1935.
3. Colorado is the only state in history to turn down hosting the Winter Olympics in 1976.
4. The world's first rodeo was in Deer Trail held on July 4th, 1869.
5. Colorado also claims the creation of the creamy, delectable root beer float, which was originally called the "Black Cow" in 1893