Apartment Fire That Displaces 12 Fort Collins Residents Started From BBQ Grill [PICTURES]
Twelve Fort Collins residents will be without a home for a while thanks to an apartment fire that was started by an improperly stored charcoal BBQ grill.
Poudre Fire Authority firefighters battled the 3-alarm fire at River Glenn Apartments at 1112 Davidson Drive early Sunday morning. Residents were evacuated from the entire apartment building into the frigid morning temperatures.
One person suffered non-life-threatening burns and was transported to Poudre Valley Hospital. Two dogs and one cat were rescued by firefighters while at least one dog was taken to CSU Veterinary Hospital for treatment.
Two units were heavily damaged from fire, smoke and heat while six additional units were damaged from smoke and water.
Northern Colorado American Red Cross has provided displaced residents assistance with immediate food, clothing, housing, medication and pet needs.