Cameron Peak 4,500 Acres Away From Colorado’s Largest Fire Ever
The Cameron Peak Fire continued to grow once again on Saturday, inching towards being Colorado's largest fire in recorded history.
An official Sunday (Oct. 11) morning update put the fire at 134,559 acres. Here's where that ranks in Colorado fire history:
LARGEST FIRES IN COLORADO HISTORY
- 2020 Pine Gulch Fire 139,007 acres
- 2002 Hayman Fire 137,760 acres
- 2020 Cameron Peak Fire 134,559 acres
- 2013 West Fork Complex Fire 108,045 acres
- 2012 High Park Fire 87,250 acres
Containment did slightly increase to 47%. Fortunately, cooler temps forecasted on Sunday and Monday are expected to stall the fire's growth.
Here's helicopter footage from Saturday over the Colorado State University Mountain Campus.
How The 2020 Cameron Peak Fire Has Grown