Colorado Farm Show Starts Today at Island Grove Park in Greeley [SCHEDULE]
The 51st Annual Colorado Farm Show is today (Tuesday, January 27th) through Thursday, January 29th at Greeley's Island Grove Park. The show is free, but there is a one-time $5 fee for parking. Make sure you stop by the K99 booth for your chance to win Garth Brooks tickets!
The Colorado Farm Show is one of the largest -- and oldest -- farm shows in the nation takes place in Weld County, the fourth largest agriculture producing county in the United States. The annual three-day event features almost 350 ag-related exhibits and draws more than 30,000 visitors from throughout the region interested in learning more about ag products, services, and machinery.
Farm Show Hours
- Tuesday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Colorado Farm Show Schedule
Tuesday, January 27
- 9:00 am - 9:15 am - Welcome Message/CCA Update
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am - Alternative Annual Forages to Extend the Grazing Season into the Fall & Early Winter
- 9:15 am - 9:45 am - Telling the Beef Story in the Age of Social Media
- 9:30 am - 12:00 pm - One Voice for Colorado Produce: The Colorado Fruit & Vegetable Growers Association
- 9:45 am - 10:30 am - Stewardship: A Philosophy of Life, Culture, and Business
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am - The Influence of Grain and By-Product Prices on Forage Values in Dairy Rations
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am - Agriculture's Stake in Reducing Nitrogen Volatility
- 10:30 am - 11:15 am - Market Situation and Outlook for the Beef Cattle Industry
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Shredlage: A New Technology Update
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm - Colorado Clean Cities
- 11:15 am - 12:00 pm - Industry Expansion: The Lenders Perspective
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Seeding Rates and the Impact on Yield and Quality
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm -Bigger or Better? Operational & Mkt Factors for Exp in Cow/Calf, Stocker, & Backgrounding
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - USDA’s National Appeals Division – What It Is and What It Does
- 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm - State Water Plan: A Panel Discussion
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - The Ground Up Approach: A New Way of Thinking about Precision Ag
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Business Strategies for Long-Term Survival in the Beef Industry – Producer Panel Discussion
Wednesday, January 28
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am - Dairy Freshness in the Eyes of the Consumer
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am - Small Drones and Big Data?
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am -The Margin Protection Program for Dairy: What do We Know Now?
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm - Issues and solutions to transferring the family farm
- 11:00 am - 11:05 am - TRAVEL VOUCHER GIVEAWAY
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - The Power and Pitfalls of Big Data: Agriculture’s Wild, Wild West
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm - AGR
- 11:05 am - 12:00 pm -Reducing Dairy’s Contribution to Nitrogen Deposition in Rocky Mountain National Park
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - 2014 Colorado Vesicular Stomatitis Outbreak: Response & New Vision for the Future
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm - What will 2015 Colorado Weather Look Like?
- 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm - Imagine the Possibilities
- 2:00 pm - 2:05 pm - TRAVEL VOUCHER GIVEAWAY
- 2:05 pm - 3:30 pm - Welcome to the World of Agvocacy!
Thursday, January 29
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm - The Basics of Judging Performance Horses
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm - Farmland Movie
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - LUNCH BREAK
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Is My Hay Good Enough for My Horse?
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Vesicular Stomatitis & Disease Outbreak Prevention
What sets the Colorado Farm Show apart from other farm shows. Marketing Chairman Erich Ehrlich explains in this YouTube video: