FDA Warning Some Hand Sanitizers Can Be Toxic
We've all been using copious amounts of hand sanitizer lately because of the COVID-19 pandemic. First, it was extremely hard to find and now there is a warning from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that some of the hand sanitizers could be potentially fatal when it is absorbed through the skin or ingested.
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
- CleanCarre NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC:74589-008-04)
- Lavar 70 Gel Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer (NDC:74589-0006-01)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer (NDC:74589-010-10)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC:74589-001-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC:74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC:74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC:74589-003-01)
The hand sanitizers are said to contain methanol, which should not be used as a hand sanitizer as it has toxic effects.
How Northern Colorado Cities Got Their Names