Fire Destroys Full Throttle Saloon In Sturgis
A massive fire destroyed Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis last night.
Numerous fire agencies were called in to battle the fire just after midnight Tuesday. Crews on the scene could see smoke coming from the roof of the South Dakota landmark bar, which soon became engulfed in flames.
Fire crews worked to "surround and drown" the main structure to put out the fire and temporarily closed Highway 34 in front of the building.
Fire crews from Piedmont, Vale, Whitewood, Sturgis, and Fort Meade all helped to fight the blaze, which continued to be monitored this morning while it smoldered.
The Full Throttle Saloon is owned by Michael Ballard, where bikers gather for the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.