Fort Collins Is Opening More Facilities, But Not Playgrounds
This week, Northern Colorado is rapidly reopening, but the playgrounds remain closed.
According to a recent press release, the City of Fort Collins is following a phased reopening approach based on the latest available guidance and regulations from health officials and the State of Colorado.
Face coverings are required in all buildings, and the public is expected to observe physical distancing as much as possible.
The following facilities, programming, and amenities have reopened/resumed or have scheduled a reopening date:
- Open park amenities include dog parks, skate parks, racquetball courts, tennis courts, disc golf courses, BMX and bike courses, archery ranges, horseshoe pits, and restrooms. Playgrounds and water features at all locations remain closed, as well as the skate park and handball courts at Northside Aztlan Community Center. Shelters and sports fields are also available in limited capacities, and may require a variance request for use.
- Golf courses are open, including driving ranges, onsite restaurants and patios, all with new procedures in place to ensure guests are able to maintain physical distancing.
- Select recreation facilities and programs are working to reopen in phases, with several locations planning to open on June 8. Camp FunQuest programs began on June 1, with limited spaces still available.
- The Gardens on Spring Creek reopened with capped numbers and timed entry on Tuesday, June 2. Prior to entering, guests must purchase an admissions ticket or make a member reservation online for a specific date and time to visit. Tickets will not be available onsite. The Butterfly House and gift shop will reopen on Monday, June 8.
- Natural Areas is offering limited in-person programming and virtual programming, with the option to adapt as guidelines shift. The Natural Areas Explorer booklet shares details along with programming plans through November.
All other City buildings and facilities remain closed to the public. Additional openings will be announced as they become available.
- More information about the city’s response to COVID-19.
- Business resources related to COVID-19.
- Community outreach and resources related to COVID-19.