Is it Really Cold and Flu Season Already: Symptoms and Remedies
In a season that feels like an endless spring verses a overwhelming fall, it's hard to believe that the germs are geared up and ready for an epic attack.
GETTING TO KNOW THE FLU:
- Sore Throat
- Runny/Stuffy Nose
- Body Aches
- Sometimes, Diarrhea, Vomiting and/or Fever (not everyone will have a fever)
GETTING TO KNOW A COLD:
- 1-4 Days after coming into contact with the cold virus your symptoms will appear
- Sore Throat
- Burning feeling in the nose followed by a sneeze
- Runny nose
- Tired with an overwhelming feeling of being unwell
- The initial days of a cold are your most contagious and you should stay home if possible
- Usually you will not have a fever with a cold
- a Cold shouldn't last longer than 10 days
FIGHTING A COLD WITH ZINC:
- (although not scientifically proven) Zinc based cold relief medicines have been said to help lessen the severity of cold symptoms.
- Could shorten the length of your cold
- It is said that Zinc will help your body heal faster, in general
FIGHTING A COLD THE NATURAL WAY:
- Blow your nose often
- Gargle with warm salt water, this will bring, at least temporary relief to a sore throat
- Drink hot liquids, shoot drink lots of fluids, including broths and decaffeinated drinks such as Ginger Ale
- Take a steamy shower
- Sleep with extra pillows to prop your head
And as always if you cold lingers for longer than 10 days it might be a good idea to see the doctor and don't take any crazy over the counter remedies you found online unless you consult your doctor over the phone, especially if you are on any other medications.
Good Luck and Stay Well!