Larimer County Enacts Fire Restrictions
Fire restrictions have been imposed in Larimer County until at least August 31 according to the Coloradoan. The restrictions have been approved by Larimer County Commissioners on Tuesday for the fire restrictions that apply to the unincorporated areas.
Threats of wildfires have been growing due to the hot weather and drought conditions. The fire restrictions include:
- Open fires that include camp or cooking fires
- Smoking in open areas such as trails, parks, and open spaces.
- Sky lanterns
- Exploding ammunition, exploding targets, and tracer ammunition
- Outdoor welding under certain conditions
Fires that are not restricted in the order:
- Fires in a contained permanent fixture including masonry or metal fireplaces found in developed campgrounds
- Camp stoves and grills using gas or pressurized liquid
- fireplaces and wood stoves in permanent structures
- and MORE
Photo Gallery: 2012 High Park Fire