Major Traffic Shifts Planned for I-25 Johnstown to Fort Collins
Expect some heavy construction this week on I-25 between Fort Collins and Loveland. The I-25 North Express Lanes Project will perform three major traffic shifts to open work areas for median detour and interchange reconstruction. According to a press release from CDOT:
- The first traffic switch started Monday, December 10 with a full closure of the southbound I-25 off-ramp to CO 392. Crews moved southbound traffic to the west just before CO 392.
- Today (Tuesday, December 11) crews will perform a full closure of the northbound I-25 on-ramp from CO 392, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., to shift northbound I-25 traffic to the east just north of CO 392. For the detour, head east of the on-ramp on CO 392 to CR 5 and head northbound to East Harmony Road. Go west on East Harmony Road to the northbound I-25 on-ramp.
- The third and final traffic shift will take place on Wednesday, December 12 and will require a full closure of the northbound I-25 off-ramp to CO 402 and the northbound I-25 on-ramp from CO 402, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. This shift will move northbound traffic onto the new temporary pavement just south of CO 402 to US 34. For the northbound off-ramp detour, continue northbound on I-25 to the US 34 off-ramp. Head west on US 34 to the southbound I-25 on-ramp. Head south on I-25 to the CO 402 off-ramp. For the northbound on-ramp detour head east of the on-ramp to the Southeast Frontage Road and head northbound to Ronald Reagan Boulevard. Head east on Ronald Reagan Boulevard to Thompson Parkway and head north to US 34. Head west on US 34 to the northbound I-25 on-ramp.
After traffic shifts have been completed, crews will require northbound and southbound I-25 single lane closures near CO 392 and CO 402 to place barrier.
Closures for December 9 - December 15
- Monday - Friday: Daytime flagger assistance on the northbound I-25 on-ramp from CO 392 for the safety of crews working adjacent to the ramp
- Monday - Friday: Nighttime northbound and southbound I-25 single lane closures near CO 392 and CO 402 to support traffic shifts and barrier placement
- Monday – Wednesday: Daytime lane closures on the Frontage Road at the Big Thompson River for geotech drilling
- Tuesday: Nighttime northbound I-25 on-ramp to CO 392 full closure for traffic shift
- Wednesday: Nighttime full closure of the northbound I-25 on-ramp from CO 402 and the I-25 off-ramp to CO 402 for traffic shift
Construction activities are weather dependent and subject to change.