Ten Inducted Into Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs in 2015
There were 10 inductees honored by the ProRodeo Hall of Fame over the weekend. The honorees were enshrined on Saturday, August 8 during ceremonies in the sculpture garden next to the Hall In Colorado Springs.
ProRodeo Hall of Fame inductees are selected by a committee of former contestants and rodeo experts. More than 150 individuals are nominated each year and selection is based on contributions to the sport of professional rodeo in any one of seven categories: contestant, stock contractor, contract personnel, rodeo committees, livestock, media and notables/lifetime achievement.
Including this year's inductees, 243 people, 29 animals and 25 rodeo committees have been selected for enshrinement in Colorado Springs since the Hall opened in 1979.
The 2015 Hall of Fame induction class
- Mark Garrett - 1996 Bareback Riding World Champion
- Tom Nesmith - 1962 All-Around World Champion
- Bob Wegner - 1964 Bull Riding World Champion
- Harry Charters - 1959 World Champion Steer Wrestler
- Jack Hannum - 25-Year PRCA Administrator
- The Hendricks Brothers - Specialty act in the 40s, 50s, and 60s
- Four-time team roping head horse of the year Precious Speck (Walt)
- Red Bluff Round-Up Rodeo Committee
- Guymon Pioneer Days Rodeo Committee
- Iowa's Championship Rodeo Committee