The Rio Shares Two Margarita Recipes to Create
Fort Collins is the home of many delicious cocktails, but I think it's safe to say that the margaritas from the Rio are some of the most renowned.
If you agree with the above statement, then listen up, because the Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant has released two margarita recipes for the public to create.
They aren't recipes for the chain's actual margaritas (how could they give up their secret formula?), but the recipes are the winners of the restaurant's Marg Throwdown competition.
In the competition, the Rio challenged the public to create a cocktail as good as their own classic margarita.
The public delivered so much so, in fact, that the restaurant chose two winners:
1. Juan's Top-Shelf Classic
- 3oz 1800 Reposado
- 3oz 1800 Silver
- 4oz Juarez triple sec
- 6oz Island House Lime Juice
- Add to shaker with ice for 60 seconds
- Pour over ice in a salt-rimmed margarita glass and add fresh lime
- Makes about three margaritas
2. Cherry Margarita
- 2oz silver/blanco tequila
- 1oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1oz Cointreau
- 1/2oz cherry liqueur (Cherry Heering, DeKuuyper cherry liqueur, or other sweet cherry brandy)
- 1/4oz grenadine
- Shake aggressively on ice, strain and serve over ice
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a maraschino cherry
Instead of going to the Rio tonight, you could try these creations. Or, you could do both (both? both is good.)