[WATCH] Rocky Mountain National Park Phase 2 Begins June 4
Rocky Mountain National Park is in its first phase of re-opening, currently allowing for approximately 60 percent of its parking capacity.
Phase two of the park's reopening will take place on June 4, which includes a timed entry system and required reservations for those who would like to visit.
According to the National Park Service, phase two will include these changes to normal park operations:
- Reservations to enter the park went on sale Thursday, at 8 a.m. through www.recreation.gov
- RMNP reservations will be in place from June 4 - July 31
- On August 1, reservations will be available for September
- On September 1, reservations will be available for October
- Permits issued through the reservation system will allow visitors to enter the park within two-hour windows of availability between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Entrance fees will be payed in advance when you schedule your reservation
- Reservation day passes are 25.00, plus a $2.00 reservation fee
- If you hold a valid Interagency Annual Pass, Rocky Mountain National Park Annual Pass or Senior Pass, you will just have to pay the $2.00 reservation fee